About us

Hello there! I am Kaylee Camara a current junior at the University of Massachusetts-Dartmouth. I am majoring in health and society with a focus on healthcare administration and policy. After graduating in 2022, I plan to earn my master’s degree in healthcare management. I chose to create this webpage to help individuals learn about the benefits of having green spaces in major cities, such as Sydney, Australia. I chose to conduct my research on Sydney, Australia’s greening policy due to having a personal interest in Australia’s policies regarding nature conversation. I look forward to exploring how an increase in green spaces and nature in urban areas can positively influence the economy and health of residents.

Hannah Niemi

Hello there! I am Hannah Niemi and I am a current junior at the University of Massachusetts at Dartmouth. I am double majoring in Health and Society BA and Public Administration BS. After graduating, I plan to continue onto graduate school and earn a master’s degree in Public Health or something else related. I chose to become involved with this webpage because I want to advocate for public health rights and educate the general public on the benefits of green spaces. Australia has interesting policies regarding nature conservation and greening and I wanted to conduct more research on how they can become even more successful, in hopes that other communities will follow. I hope to learn more about this topic, and as well as teach others about the importance of greening. The main goal is to make the general public more aware of the topic of greening and to influence the many factors that surround public health and our environment.